Tuesday, September 20, 2016

How to Make A Stress-Free Bedroom

image via
Your bedroom is supposed to be a space where you can relax, but more often than not, it causes us some stress, whether we realize it or not.  Even though we might take pride in our messy rooms and our organized chaos, it can ultimately cause added stress that we don't need in our life.  I don't know about you, but that's a narrative I don't want to be a part of! Here are some tips to turn your bedroom into a stress-free area.

1. Make your bed.  This is the simplest thing to start de-stressing your room!  By tidying up your bed, you'll feel more relaxed when you climb into it at the end of the day.  Making it every morning can set up a calming routine for you as well.

2. Bring in plants. Buy a couple succulents--they're very popular and just as easy to take care of!  When you have something else to take care of, you'll want to take care of yourself and your space as well.  I just bought two a while ago and I love them!

as seen on my instagram--go follow me!
3. Burn some candles.  Aromatherapy helps, people!  Pick up some of your favorite scents and burn them whenever you're in your room to relax.  I'm crushing on some of these soy candles at the moment.  They even have great ones for autumn!

4. De-clutter.  I know, I know, you probably don't feel like cleaning.  I'm not always in the mood to pick up things around my room either, but tidying up can lead to less stress and give you mental clarity.  Burn those candles that I mentioned earlier, put on some good music, and get to organizing!

5. Rearrange your room.  I'm not talking about some major feng shui, but it's a good philosophy,  If you haven't rearranged your bedroom in a while, you might be used to how things are and that might leave you feeling restless.  Moving one or two pieces or even shifting your bed to a different angle can make you feel like you're in a new room and can give you a new perspective on things.

Your bedroom should be the place where you feel the least stressed, so be sure to take some measures to make sure it stays that way!


Quote of the day:  "Dream big."

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wine Chronicles. Design by Fearne.