Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Little Things That Warm My Heart


If you live in the United States, then you know that today is the day!  I feel like this election season has lasted forever, and it's hard to believe that it's coming to a close.  The future of our country can change in one minute, so it's important that you go out there and vote if you're of age!  Your vote counts, I promise.

With that said, I feel like we have been so caught up in this election, and with it, all this hate (which is completely unhealthy and the wrong way to go if we want progress, in my opinion).  It's important to stop and smell the roses, or the newest Starbucks holiday drink, and remind yourself what makes you happy so we can kick this hate to the curb.  Here are ten little things that I can always count on to make me smile.

1.  Smelling books, especially antique ones

2.  When you get a perfect wing with your eyeliner on the first try (Working on the other eye is another story...)

3. A warm blanket and a cool pillow--the perfect combination

4. Floppy puppy ears

5. Warm tea


6. When you're really feeling your outfit (Nothing gives you more of a confidence boost than a great outfit!)

7. The intro to Disney movies

8. Warm cat bellies

9. The smell of freshly baked goods in a bakery

10. When your sweatshirt or jacket still smells like smoke after a bonfire

What are some of the little things that make you smile and your heart warm?  I'd love to know!


Quote of the day: "There's beauty in simplicity."

2 comments

  1. I'm loving your mug! It takes me back to my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ariel's my fave. :) On the back of the mug it says, "Once I wake up I'll be part of that world"!

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© The Wine Chronicles. Design by Fearne.