Thursday, December 22, 2016

Seven Lessons You Learn From Your Dad

image via
Today is my dad's birthday, and just like how I made a post about the things you learn from your mom, here's a list of what you learn from your dad.  I've been lucky enough to inherit my wit, my stellar taste in music, and love for social events from my dad, but during my 22 years, he's given me more than that! Here are seven things that you learn from your good ol' Pops!

1.  Family first.  There's nothing more important than family, and it's always good to spend time with them and hug your loved ones a little longer.

2.  The importance of friendship.  Dude's had the same group of best friends since he was a kid.  Can I say #squadgoals?

3.  Know when to be serious, but know when to laugh at yourself.  An old, wise man (aka my dad) once said that you must be "foolish enough to know not to be so serious and serious enough to know to not be foolish."  Retweet.

4.  Give something your all.  Put your very best effort into whatever you do because it's no fun to half-ass something.

5.  Explore and learn.  The world is a big place, and you're only a small part of it, so go explore it as much as you can.

6.  Work hard and play hard.  This goes back to number four.  Work hard, but also reward yourself, and you'll be golden.

7.  It is always appropriate to jam out to Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus in the car.  It's a party in the USA, folks.

Go tell your dad you love and appreciate him!  Let me know in the comments what great things you learn from your old man.


Quote of the day:  "Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart." - Washington Irving

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wine Chronicles. Design by Fearne.