Monday, December 5, 2016

November Monthly Crushes


I know, I know, I'm late to post this. But if you read my post yesterday, you'll know that I've been busy this past month and feeling pretty lazy.  Whoops, sorry.  Just because I've been feeling tired and worn down does not mean that I've forgotten about my crushes for the month of November! It's quite a mix of stuff, so I would check it out.

1. 12,000 Dreams Interpreted 
Ever since I moved to Portland, I've been having these super weird dreams practically every night. It'd gotten to the point where I had to figure out what the hell they could possibly mean! So I picked this book up last Sunday to check out what my dreams are telling me. Even though I don't believe all these interpretations are necessarily true 100% of the time, it's fascinating to read about what they might mean. Did you know that if you dream about mayonnaise it means you'll be successful in the near future?! Weird.

2. Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Palette
I got this as an anniversary gift from Brian, and I've been dying to have it ever since it came out! The colors are all beautiful and I can see myself using every one of them (well, except Pre-Game. It's a little too yellow for my olive skin tone). There's quite a bit of fallout with this palette, but overall I've been loving it and using it practically every day since I got it!

3. A Color Story
This app is a blog live saver! I use this all the time to edit the pictures I take for my blog. It comes with a handful of free filters and effects to use, and I believe the other filter packs are fairly cheap as well!  I personally love the filters Pop and Sharp because they create brighter and clearer pictures. You can see below how great of a change this app gave to the picture I've used for today's post! The filter I used is Sharp, along with some slight adjusting.


4. Bobbi Brown mascara
I got this mascara in my November Birchbox and can honestly say that I am loving it so much. It has great coverage, doesn't clump, and feels light on my lashes. Paired with the hack that I use, this mascara gives me lashes fo' daaaays!

5. Moana
Okay, if you haven't seen this movie already, you need to go right now. Like, right now. I might be a little biased because I love Disney oh so much, but Moana is definitely up there on the list of best movies of 2016. Everything from Lin-Manuel Miranda's songwriting, the animation, the story, all down to the lovable and silly chicken Hei Hei is complete perfection. Once you go see this movie, you'll thank me. So what can I say except, "You're welcome?"♫

Those are my favorite picks from the month of November, and I can't wait to see what December has in store. What were your monthly crushes?!


Quote of the day: "There's a moon in the sky and the wind is behind me.  Soon I'll know how far I go." - How Far I'll Go (Reprise), Moana

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wine Chronicles. Design by Fearne.