Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Wine Chronicles - Sunday Recap


Hello, everyone! Even though I've had scheduled posts lately, I figured I'd give a little recap of my life for this past week!  I feel like it's been pretty uneventful, even though it's been more eventful than others...  We've been having crappy weather here lately because of a typhoon that was heading toward the PNW.  It's been rainy practically every day, which has made me not a very happy camper, but I enjoy the bits of sunshine I get every now and then!

On Sunday, Brian and I went to a corn maze with a handful of coworkers.  We had a great time despite the constant drizzle and all the mud.  Luckily, I didn't slip and fall at all that day, which I was positive I was going to!

After we successfully made it through the corn maze, we took a hayride over to the pumpkin patch.  It took Brian and I forever to find a nice pumpkin to take home, mainly because I was being picky.  I wanted a fairly small one, but all the ones in the patch were big and heavy, so I guess I wasn't going to find what I was hoping for.

It all worked out in the end when we took home a cute little lopsided pumpkin.  Poor Brian carried it because it was too heavy for me and got mud all over his jacket!  Our pumpkin, which we named Paul, is now sitting outside our front door and enjoying some rainy fall weather.  I still haven't decided if I want to paint it or carve it.  Any ideas?

Friday, Brian and I wanted to have a date night this weekend because we haven't left the apartment these past few weeks except for work or grocery shopping at Target.  I know, we're very exciting people.  However, a look at the weather told us otherwise.  The storms were supposed to get stronger this weekend, so we opted to stay in.

Saturday night rolls around, and the weather wasn't as bad as we were expecting, even though my mom told us to be safe and Brian's dad asked if we had candles in case the power went out.  Our roommate ended up inviting us out to a bar with him and another one of our friends, so we ventured out into the so-called "storm" (aka a drizzle) for some free tots.  Sorry, Mom!

Today, it's still gray and gross outside so I've been bundled up on the couch spending some good quality time with my blog.  I'm planning on making myself a nice cup of green tea and reading, which I haven't done in a long time. Maybe I'll even go to Target today, who knows.  I always end up forgetting to grab things when I'm there so I usually have to make a second trip the next day.

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!  Keep an eye out on the blog because I have some fun and exciting posts coming up!

P.S. Totally forgot to mention this earlier, but there were free potatoes at work earlier this week, so Brian and I managed to snatch eight of them.  Last night for dinner, I decided to make mashed potatoes from scratch and for my first try, they turned out really good!  I'm very proud of myself and my growing cooking skills.


Quote of the day:  "Happiness is a cup of coffee and a good book."

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wine Chronicles. Design by Fearne.